The pace and complexity of change in the workplace continues to increase dramatically. This course is designed for those who are responsible for implementing change or helping to implement change. Participants will learn a solid understanding of the fundamentals of organizational change management and transitions from experienced change managers utilizing a variety of techniques and tools for effectively guiding their organizations and the people in them through times of change. Additionally, participants are encouraged to discuss changes they have taken part in and reflect on how the concepts in this course can be applied to their own change efforts. Participants will learn a systems approach to managing change, and how change must be managed at both the organizational and individual level in this hands-on, interactive course to be proficient change managers and change team members. This course can be configured to client needs.
None, but recommend: OCM Primer; OCM Foundations; Project Management Primer; Project Management Foundations
Building Block for
Project Management courses; Leadership skills; Career growth
All materials provided by Solarity and may include:
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Various resources including organizational change management templates and materials
- “Leading Change” by John Kotter
Who should take this course
- Key decision makers, change management teams, change agents, and project managers.
- Anyone responsible for helping others transition through changes.
- Organizational leaders looking for an understanding of what organization change management involves.
- Anyone who would like to investigate project or change management as a career.
- Since project managers are uniquely positioned to lead change efforts of their projects, they must have a basic awareness and understanding of organizational change management.
- Become proficient with the change management system model and distinguish between the two levels of change;
- Define and understand the responsibilities of the three key roles in managing change;
- Understand how change management and project management work together;
- Develop strategies to effectively help people transition through change; and
- Understand different change models and how and when to use each.