This course gives participants the hands-on skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. Participants will build on their skills in configuring and managing VMware Horizon® 8 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. Participants learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end-users. Additionally, participants will learn how to install and configure a virtual desktop infrastructure platform, how to install and configure VMware Horizon® Connection Server™, how to install and configure VMware Unified Access Gateway™, how to configure a load balancer for use with Horizon, and how to establish Cloud Pod Architecture.
- Recognize the features and benefits of Horizon;
- Use VMware vSphere® to create VMs to be used as desktops for Horizon;
- Create and optimize Windows VMs to create Horizon desktops;
- Install and configure Horizon Agent on Horizon desktop;
- Configure and manage the VMware Horizon® Client™ systems and connect the client to a VMware Horizon desktop;
- Configure, manage, and entitle desktop pools of full VMs;
- Configure, manage, and entitle pools of instant-clone desktops;
- Create and use Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and application pools;
- Monitor the Horizon environment using Horizon Console Dashboard and Horizon Help Desk Tool;
- Identify Horizon Connection Server installation, architecture, and requirements;
- Describe the authentication and certification options for a Horizon environment;
- Recognize the integration process and benefits of VMware Workspace ONE® Access™ and Horizon 8;
- Discuss performance and scalability options available in Horizon 8; and
- Describe different security options for the Horizon environment.