Scope management focuses on balancing the needs of stakeholders with the project vision to determine the project and product scopes. Participants will learn how to develop a plan to determine, manage, and control the scope of a project through hands-on activities led by an experienced project manager. This course is based on both the PMBOK® Guide version 6 and version 7 incorporating best practices of project management from PMI®.
None, but recommend: Project Management Primer (if new to project management).
Building Block for
Project management courses; Ongoing education; Leadership/Essential skills
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Various resources including recordings and materials
- Project management templates
Who should take this course
- Anyone wishing to enhance their scope management skills.
- Project managers and team members who want to gain better control over the conditions on their projects.
- Experienced managers who wish to enhance their skills.
- Learn how to define scope and create a project scope statement;
- Learn the different methods, tools, and techniques for collecting requirements;
- Learn to analyze requirements to ensure they meet project objectives;
- Learn to create a WBS;
- Learn how to create scope baselines and performance measurement baselines and how to use them to measure project success;
- Learn how to complete project review reports and lead meetings; and
- Learn to use specific tools and techniques to complete scope management activities for a successful project.