Have your projects ever suffered from scope creep? Most probably do. Project Scope Management describes the processes required to ensure that the project includes all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the project successfully. Using the Project Management Institute (PMI)® principles, his Scope Management course will provide you with tools and techniques that will help you focus on those things that are most likely to cause your project to succeed or fail relating to scope. With so much going on in any project, Scope Management is one area that will help you allocate your time and resources most efficiently, and work with your stakeholders to increase the chances of project success.
Learn best practices in identifying and managing the deliverables and requirements that crop up during projects. Take control of what seems uncontrollable by applying these tools and techniques to maximize project success! This course applies to all industries.
- Understand and describe both project and product scope
- Understand and describe a best-practice scope management process
- Understand tools and techniques for identifying and controlling scope
- Understand tools and techniques for handling changes in scope
- Understand tools and techniques for monitoring and controlling scope
- Understand tools and techniques for continuously improving scope management
in organizations and across multiple initiatives
- Pre-test of Scope Management knowledge
- Defining Scope Management
- Plan Scope Management
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Validate Scope
- Control Scope
PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Building Block for
PMP® Exam Preparation, Ongoing education
Custom materials provided by The Solarity Group.
Who should take this course
- Project Managers and team members who continue to battle scope creep on their initiatives, and want to gain better control over the conditions on their projects
- Experienced project managers who wish to enhance their already successful skills
- Continuing education for PMPs®, Engineers, CPAs, etc.