This course explains the processes, tools, and techniques used by project managers and project teams for project procurement management. Participants learn how to develop a procurement strategy, identify potential sellers, and whether to acquire goods and services from outside of the project versus acquiring training for resources on the project team. This course is taught through hands-on activities led by an experienced project manager and is based on both the PMBOK® Guide version 6 and version 7 incorporating best practices of project management from PMI®.
None, but recommend: Project Management Primer (if new to project management).
Building Block for
Project management courses; Ongoing education; Leadership/Essential skills
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Various resources including recordings and materials
- Project management templates
Who should take this course
- Anyone wishing to enhance their procurement management skills.
- Project managers and team members who want to gain better control over the conditions on their projects.
- Experienced managers who wish to enhance their skills.
- Define procurement within the context of a project;
- Develop a procurement management plan;
- Learn the various roles and responsibilities and contract types;
- Learn about effective tools and techniques in procurement management;
- Learn to identify common criteria for selecting sellers;
- Learn the activities involved in controlling procurements and ensuring sellers are conforming to project requirements;
- Learn high-level negotiation techniques; and
- Learn what closing a procurement involves.