Many people think Power BI is for advanced developers. In truth, Power BI was created by combining the best features from Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL, and other related technologies. Moreover, Power BI fills in the capability gaps that exist across these technologies, streamlining the process from data to insights. In this course, participants transition from what is known about these technologies and to how Power BI solves the same problems more efficiently. Participants will use Power Query to query data, Power BI’s data model to connect datasets, and Power BI’s report view to create compelling dashboards and data visualizations.
- Learn how to start using Power BI to build reports from data;
- Learn how Power BI can save time and effort;
- Learn about the importance of data visualization in storytelling and how to do this;
- Learn how to use measures to easily model data;
- Learn the CALCULATE() function; and
- Learn how the filter context controls how data flows.