Lean is an approach to organizational processes that seeks to minimize waste and increase value for the customer. Starting off as an approach to manufacturing processes, Lean has expanded into all industries including services industries. In this course, participants learn about the core concepts needed to successfully apply Lean strategies to organizational operations. Key ideas are presented in an interactive and integrative environment to help participants better understand the core and fundamental elements of a Lean application. Case studies from experienced Lean professionals provide real-world advice and counsel for participants to ensure awareness and understanding of critical knowledge and information.
Building Block for
Fundamentals of Lean Management; Project management courses; Ongoing education; Leadership/Essential skills
All materials provided by Solarity and may include:
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Various resources including recordings and materials
Who should take this course
- Any professional seeking career growth or simply to get a fundamental understand of and hands-on experience working with Lean principles.
- Identify the key principles and practices of an effective Lean approach;
- Describe the benefits that a Lean application can provide to organizations, supply chains, and value streams;
- Assess the impact of culture in Lean environments;
- Illustrate the role that just-in-time and jidoka standards play in Lean implementation;
- Formulate strategies for eliminating the waste and non-value-added activities in work systems and processes; and
- Explain how the interconnectivity of Lean concepts leads to continuous advancement and breakthrough improvements in the workplace.