Lean is an approach to organizational processes that seeks to minimize waste and increase value for customers. This course provides a solid understanding of the fundamentals of Lean management. Experienced Lean practitioners teach participants learn some of the key concepts, terms, tools, and techniques needed to communicate about, organize, monitor, and successfully outline a Lean implementation within an organization, or within their own workspace. Additionally, we utilize real-world scenarios for the hands-on exercises during the course to reinforce concepts and learning. This course serves as the foundation on which our other Lean management/Lean Six Sigma/Six Sigma development courses build, and it can be customized based on client needs.
There are no prerequisites.
Building Block for
Project management courses; Ongoing education; Leadership/Essential skills
All materials provided by Solarity and include:
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Various resources including templates and materials
Who should take this course
- Any professional seeking career growth in the quality management sector or simply to get a fundamental understand of and hands-on experience working with Lean principles.
- Utilize common Lean management vocabulary;
- Understand the 8 common types of waste in the workplace;
- Apply the 5 S’ of Lean management within your work environment;
- Understand some of the Lean management tools, techniques, and complimentary methodologies available;
- Understand how Lean can be utilized across a variety of organizational types;
- Apply Lean management assessment and implementation techniques within your work environment;
- Obtain the “hands-on” application of Lean management using basic tools, templates, and techniques; and
- Articulate the relationship between Lean management and Six Sigma.