This course introduces the methodologies and practices of Agile development and explains the key concepts and principles that form the foundation of Agile project management. This interactive, hands-on course builds on the awareness of common terminology, Agile best practices, and exercises to supplement and enhance participant understanding of Agile concepts to help participants become a more proficient Agile practitioner. Participants will also take part in an accelerated sprint to practice the Agile concepts. This course serves as a foundation to our Agile Project Management course, can be configured based on client needs, and can be paired with many of our other courses.
No Prerequisites, but recommend: Project Management Primer (if new to project management) and Project Management Foundations.
Building Block for
Agile Project Management; PMP®/CAPM® Exam Preparation Course; Agile/Scrum certifications
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Various resources including templates and materials
- “Agile Practice Guide” by PMI®
Who should take this course
- Anyone with basic understanding of general project management practices.
- Anyone exploring project management (PMP®) certification.
- Anyone working in an Agile environment.
- Anyone seeking Agile certification (Agile Practitioner, Scrum Master, etc.)
- Introduce the basics of Agile development;
- Discuss the advantages and pitfalls of Agile;
- Define and work through a Sprint;
- Define Agile development and differentiate it from traditional Waterfall processes;
- Describe the stages of the Agile development cycle and identify the factors that promote project success; and
- Understand the nuances of leading and working with Agile teams.