This course prepares participants responsible for securing network services, devices, and traffic in their organizations for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination. In this course, participants build on their knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as they acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network. Today’s job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help build a marketable computer security skill set so that participants can confidently perform the duties in any security-related role as well as being well-prepared to pass the certification exam.
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security;
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities;
- Manage data, application, and host security;
- Implement network security;
- Identify and implement access control and account management security measures;
- Manage certificates;
- Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures;
- Manage risk;
- Troubleshoot and manage security incidents and
- Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery.