This specialized course is designed for use by an organization to provide a solid understanding of the fundamental building blocks of project management to staff across all functional areas. Participants learn, from experienced project managers, the concepts, terms, tools, and techniques needed to communicate about, organize, monitor, and successfully complete projects. Additionally, we utilize the organization’s own projects for the “hands-on” exercises during the class to reinforce learning.
This course serves as a foundation on which other project management development builds and it can be customized based on client needs.
Preferred class size = 8-15 students
(Contact us for special price per student rates and multiple session discounts)
PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Building Block for
All student materials are created and provided by The Solarity Group.
Who should take this course
Organizations that want team members to understand basic project management terminology and processes.
- Utilize common project management vocabulary and processes that are shared across different industries
- Apply basic project management principles within your work environment
- Describe the importance and value of project management, best practices, and related benefits for successful projects
- Select the appropriate project management tools and techniques to deliver results on time, in budget, and with value
- Obtain the “hands-on” application of project management using basic tools, templates, and techniques
- Articulate the relationship between project management and organizational change management
Module 1: Introduction & Project Management Framework
Module 2: Project Initiation & Planning
Module 3: Project Execution, Monitoring & Controlling
Module 4: Project Closing
Module 5: Bringing It All Together & Class Closure