This course provides a high-level understanding of project management fundamentals. Students learn from experienced project managers a limited scope of right-sized project management to lead and/or help organize small projects. Additionally, students are encouraged to bring their own projects for the “hands-on” exercises to learn in an educational yet fun environment that promotes student understanding and confidence. Students leave with a basic understanding of what project management is, why it is important, how to manage small projects and some basic templates to utilize after the course.
This course serves as a foundation on which other project management skills development courses build and it can be configured based on client needs.
Your Price: $295.00
Day & Time
Building Block for
All student materials are created and provided by The Solarity Group.
Who should take this course
- Beginning project managers, project coordinators, “accidental” project managers, and other team members who need to understand basic project management terminology and processes
- Not-for-profit organizational leadership
- New organizational leaders looking for a basic understanding of what project management involves
- Anyone who would like to investigate project management as a career.
- Understand basic project management vocabulary
- Describe the importance and value of project management for project success
- Understand the various Project Life Cycles and how to choose the best one for your project(s)
- Obtain hands-on application of basic project management skills using basic tools, templates, and techniques
- Understand the relationship between project management and organizational change management
Module 1: Project Management Overview
Module 2: The Process
Module 3: Class Closure