Technical/Business writing is not a new idea. Any type of communication written for and about business and industry has a focus on products and/or services is technical writing and almost everyone within a company has written a form of a business document. Statistics show that one-fourth of college graduates are not highly skilled writers and lack proper communication skills altogether. By having the necessary skills to research, understand complicated information, and tailor writing to many different audiences, a technical writer within any organization is essential. This course enables participants with the skills to assess the documentation needs of a project and create high quality technical and business documents to satisfy those needs. This course uses hands-on activities and is taught by a trainer with extensive professional writing experience. This course can be customized to fit your organization’s needs.
Building Block for
Project management courses; Leadership/Essential skills; ongoing education
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Variety of templates and tools
- Other resources provided by your trainer
Who should take this course
- Anyone wanting to improve their understanding and use of written communications within any industry.
- Project managers wanting to improve the quality of project documents.
- Learn about the importance of technical/business writing and the importance of technical documents;
- Learn about clarity, conciseness, and accuracy in writing;
- Learn strategies to ensure your project documents are professional and clear;
- Learn about document design and how to use this strategy to hold the reader’s attention;
- Learn how to determine and write to your audience; and
- Learn some tips and tricks to produce sound, quality documents.