Getting the requirements right means not just documenting what stakeholders say, but digging into their statements (or eliciting) to understand what they mean. This course supports those efforts by providing students the essential elicitation and review skills they need to identify the right solutions and drive significant value on their projects. Students learn repeatable steps and practice techniques to begin elicitation, stay organized, enable critical thinking, and confirm requirements.
Requirements Elicitation Techniques
An extensive list of requirements elicitation techniques are covered in this course. Having a long list of techniques to choose from allows the analyst flexibility in their approach to gain maximum insight. Students will learn how to plan their elicitation within the scope of their analysis and determine which requirements elicitation techniques are appropriate based on stakeholders, project type, methodology, and complexity. A comprehensive job aid is provided as a quick reference to define each elicitation technique, suggestions for when to use it, and how to use the technique.
Your Price: $795.00
Day & Time
Provided by Solarity
Who should take this course
This course is designed for individuals performing elicitation activities: business analysts, project managers, business systems analysts, product managers, product owners, systems architect, process engineers, requirements engineers, or any other project team member.
- Discuss what is business analysis
- Explore various requirements
- Use effective techniques to elicit requirements from various stakeholders
- Determine the most appropriate elicitation technique for the desired results
- Enhance active listening skills to understand what stakeholders are really saying and verify the message
- Identify techniques for reviewing and validating requirements
- Practice critical thinking skills for engaging stakeholders, identifying needs, and select new approaches and ideas