According to the PMBOK® Guide, Project Time Management includes all the processes that are required to manage the timely completion of the project. These processes include managing your schedule, defining activities, sequencing activities, finding resources, and estimating the durations of the activities that make up your schedule. With this information, you’ll be ready to develop a realistic schedule that you’ll be more able to control. This Time Management course will provide you with tools and techniques that will help you focus on those things that are most likely to cause your project schedule to succeed or fail.
Learn best practices in identifying and managing issues that spiral your project schedule out of control. Take control of what seems uncontrollable by applying these tools and techniques to maximize project success!
This course can apply to any industry, from higher education to healthcare to Information Technology. All projects face scheduling challenges. This course provides participants with 15 contact hours, and gives you a wide range of tools that you can apply immediately on your projects.
- Understand and describe both project and product scheduling challenges
- Understand and describe a best-practice time management process
- Understand tools and techniques for identifying and controlling scheduling
- Understand tools and techniques for handling changes in schedules
- Understand tools and techniques for monitoring and controlling schedules
- Understand tools and techniques for continuously improving time management in organizations and across multiple initiatives
- Pre-test of Time and Schedule Management knowledge
- Defining Time Management
- Guidelines for developing a successful Time & Schedule Management Environment
- Planning for Time Management
- Identifying Scheduling requirements
- Prioritizing time to focus on the most significant items
- Proactive planning for changes in schedules
PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Building Block for
Provided by the instructor.
Who should take this course
Project Managers and team members who continue to battle scheduling challenges on their initiatives, and want to gain better control over the conditions on their projects.
Experienced project managers who wish to enhance their already successful skills.
Continuing education for PMPs®, Engineers, CPAs, etc.