Some studies show that a formal risk management process can eliminate up to 90% of the risks on a project! Using the Project Management Institute® principles, this course provides tools and techniques that will help participants focus on those things that are most likely to cause your project to succeed or fail relative to risks. Participants learn about allocating time and resources most efficiently in risk management and how to work with stakeholders to increase the chances of project success. Participants learn best practices in identifying and managing the uncertainties that crop up during projects. Take control of what seems uncontrollable by applying a wide range of tools and techniques to maximize project success. This course content applies to any industry and can be configured to meet client needs.
None, but recommend: Project Management Primer (if new to project management); Project Management Foundations
Building Block for
Agile Project Management; Project Management courses; Ongoing education
Custom materials provided by Solarity including:
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Various resources including templates and materials
- “Identifying and Managing Project Risks” by Tom Kendrick
Who should take this course
- Project managers, functional managers, and team members who want to gain better control over the conditions on their projects.
- Anyone who wishes to enhance their risk management knowledge.
- Anyone seeking continuing education.
- Understand where project risks may occur;
- Understand and describe risks as both opportunities and threats;
- Understand and describe risk management best practices;
- Utilize tools and techniques for classifying and identifying, analyzing, prioritizing, quantifying, and monitoring and controlling risks and improving risk management; and
- Understand how risk management is utilized in Agile projects.