Some studies show that a formal Risk Management process can eliminate up to 90% of the risks on a project! Using the Project Management Institute (PMI)® principles, this Risk Management course will provide you with tools and techniques that will help you focus on those things that are most likely to cause your project to succeed or fail relative to risk.
With so much going on in any project, Risk Management is one area that will help you allocate your time and resources most efficiently, and work with your stakeholders to increase the chances of project success.
Learn best practices in identifying and managing the uncertainties that crop up during projects. Take control of what seems uncontrollable by applying a wide range of tools and techniques to maximize project success! This course applies to any industry.
- Understanding where project risks may occur
- Understand and describe risks as both opportunities and threats
- Understand and describe a best-practice risk management process
- Understand tools and techniques for classifying and identifying risks
- Understand tools and techniques for analyzing, prioritizing, and quantifying risks
- Understand tools and techniques for monitoring and controlling risks
- Understand tools and techniques for continuously improving risk management in organizations and across multiple initiatives
- Understand how risks are handled in Agile projects
- Introduction & Environment
- Where Risks come from
- Risk Management Knowledge Area/Processes
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan Risk Responses
- Implement Risk Responses
- Monitor Risks
- Project Budget & Contingency Reserves
- Risks in Agile Projects
- Bringing it All Together
PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Building Block for
PMP® Exam Preparation, Ongoing education
Custom materials provided by The Solarity Group
Who should take this course
- Anyone interested in learning more about Risk Management
- Project Managers, Managers, and team members who may battle unexpected events in their initiatives and want to gain better control over the conditions on their projects
- Experienced project managers who wish to enhance their already successful Risk Management skills
- Continuing education for PMPs®, Engineers, CPAs, etc.