This course explains how the project manager and the project team can plan for, execute, and control quality on a project. Participants will learn how the project team ensures that a project is completed at the level of quality required by all stakeholders using hands-on activities led by an experienced project manager. This course is based on both the PMBOK® Guide version 6 and version 7 incorporating best practices of project management from PMI®.
In Person | Live Virtual
None, but recommend: Project Management Primer (if new to project management).
Building Block for
Project management courses; Ongoing education; Leadership/Essential skills
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Various resources including recordings and materials
- Project management templates
Who should take this course
- Anyone wishing to enhance their quality management skills.
- Project managers and team members who want to gain better control over the conditions on their projects.
- Experienced managers who wish to enhance their skills.
- Define quality, quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control;
- Explain what aspects of quality assurance and quality control need to be decided on and budgeted for;
- Learn how the project team should balance the cost of quality with its benefits;
- Distinguish between quality assurance and quality control;
- Learn how to identify ineffective processes and how the implement process improvement;
- Learn how to use statistical sampling, inspection, and visual representations to control quality; and
- Learn to use specific tools and techniques to complete quality management activities for a successful project.