The vast majority of project work in today’s organizations is done in a team setting. In this environment, project management team leaders have a tremendous responsibility and opportunity to develop and exhibit leadership skills. This course first discusses the roles and responsibilities of the project management team leader, in particular their responsibility with regard to project stakeholders. Next, the course discusses how project management team leaders can build a positive team environment through effective communication, team building activities, and reflective listening. Lastly, the course covers problem solving within the team.
Project management team leaders must be effective at identifying and resolving team problems in order for the project to succeed. To do this, team leaders must have an understanding of the team dynamic for decision-making and must be able to manage conflict among personality differences and barriers. The course contains 12 brief case studies designed for application of the content to real-world scenarios, as well as six comprehensive module quizzes and a 72-question Final Assessment.
- Define a team and identify six common types of teams
- Explain Bruce Tuckman’s model of group development
- Describe how the project life cycle is relevant to team issues
- List the three sources of power for project management team leaders
- Describe ways to manage stakeholder expectations
- Explain different types of team building activities
- Define reflective listening
- Identify the challenges of virtual teams and how they relate to the project management team leader’s roles
- Compare and contrast voting and consensus as methods for decision-making
- More effectively identify and resolve team problems
- Explain the different characteristics of effective and open team communication
- Identify the best practices for using e-mail and telephone among team members
- Identify several common team problems and apply methods for resolving these issues
PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Your Price: $505.00
Day & Time
This course assumed a working knowledge of basic project management functions and terminology.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Who should take this course
This course is designed for adult learners interested in enhancing their project management skills and knowledge.