This course provides the foundation to the Best Practices in Project Management course and is taught by experienced project managers. This course is designed to provide foundational understanding of project management skills to those managing and/or helping on projects in any industry. Participants are encouraged to bring their own project ideas to discuss during the course providing for hands-on learning in a fun, interactive environment. Participants leave with a more in depth understanding of what project management is, basic leadership skills, and some tools and templates to put into immediate use back at work. This course can be configured based on client needs.
None, but recommend Project Management Primer (if new to project management).
Building Block for
Best Practices in Project Management; Agile Project Management; Business Analysis courses; PMP Exam Preparation
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Various resources including recordings and materials
- Project management templates
Who should take this course
- Beginning project managers or team members who need to understand foundational project management principles, terminology, and processes.
- Those who have experience in managing projects but want to learn more about the terms, concepts, and practices used in formal project management as defined by the Project Management Institute.
- Understanding what project management is and basic leadership skills;
- Understanding how project management relates to organizational change management;
- Understand how to initiate, plan, execute, measure, and close a project; and
- Learn some foundational tools and templates used in formal project management.