Project management refers to the art or science of directing projects. This course, Project Management for Information Technology, focuses more specifically on how project management concepts can be applied to IT projects, as well as on project management issues that are unique to IT projects. It reviews the concepts, methodologies, and tools of project management as it relates to IT. Students will also learn about fundamentals, such as integration management, scope, costing, quality, human resources, risk management, and procurement. This course contains eight comprehensive module quizzes and a 70-question final assessment spanning IT project management areas of knowledge.
- Apply concepts from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), to IT projects
- Explain the technical processes that might be applied during the IT project life cycle
- Describe the importance of scope control for IT projects and different tools that can be used to manage project scope
- Explain the challenges associated with delivering IT projects on time
- Differentiate between different techniques for managing the project schedule
- Discuss why cost management is difficult for IT projects and describe cost estimation methods, Earned Value Management, and portfolio management
- Explain several maturity models and how they can be applied to improve IT project quality
- Explain various approaches for team building and communicating on IT projects
- Discuss different sources of IT project risk and how to manage them
- Describe issues related to IT project procurement, such as outsourcing decisions, e-procurement, and others
PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Your Price: $580.00
Day & Time
This course assumes a working knowledge of basic project management functions and terminology.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Who should take this course
This course is designed for adult learners interested in enhancing their project management skills and knowledge.