The PMP® Certification has changed! The new version of the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification exam launched on January 2, 2021. The project management profession is changing, with practitioners needing more diverse skills and approaches than ever before. To address those needs, the new PMP® exam focuses on three key domains:
- People – emphasizing the skills and activities associated with effectively leading a project team
- Process – reinforcing the technical aspects of managing a project
- Business Environment – highlighting the connection between projects and organization strategy
The exam’s focus is now on delivering value, including predictive, agile and hybrid approaches across the three domains.
The new exam is formatted to include:
- 180 questions (previously 200)
- 230 minutes to complete the exam (previously 240)
- One additional break (two total 10-minute breaks) for computer-based tests. Paper-based exams will have no scheduled breaks.
- Exam questions will include a combination of multiple-choice, multiple responses, matching, hotspot and limited fill-in-the-blank.
For more information regarding the updated PMP® exam, please visit the PMI® site, HERE.
As a division of HealthTech Solutions, Solarity offers PMI® Authorized Training Partner curriculum, which meets PMI’s rigorous standards for quality and effectiveness.
This course is specifically designed to assist students in preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) exam, given by the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
This course will also prepare students for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam, which requires no experience and fewer hours of education for certification.
PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Day & Time
For PMP® Certification: 4500 hours of PM experience over the past eight years (for holders of a baccalaureate degree or higher) or, 7,500 hours of PM experience over the past eight years (for high school graduates, associates’ degree or the global equivalent)
For CAPM® Certification: Secondary degree (high school diploma, associates’ degree or the global equivalent) and 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam
Building Block for
PMI® PMP® or CAPM® Exam
A complete package that provides all that you need to prepare for the course, and know that you are ready to pass the first time!
- PMP® Exam Preparation Study Guide
- PMP® Online Exam Prep Materials (120 day access), including High Quality Videos, 2 Full-Length Practice Exams, Downloadable Study Guides, Chapter Tests, Terms and Concepts
- Condensed, highly effective study materials created by The Solarity Group to accelerate your understanding of the material needed on the exam
A la carte pricing
1. Exam Pass Insurance:
- Available for an additional $100. If you do not pass the exam the first time, following the guidance in our ISP, we will pay for your second exam (normally $275 for PMI members). If you wish for us to cover the possibility of a third exam re-take, we will charge an additional $100. (*Please note: Exam Pass Insurance only applicable if exam is taken within 3-months of completing the class, all course materials are read, and student has completed two (2) full-length practice exams with one score of 80% or higher.)
2. Course re-sit option:
- $500 if you choose to re-sit the class within six months of your class
- $750 if you choose to re-sit the class between 7-12 months
- $1,000 if you choose to re-sit the class between 13-24 months
- A 10% discount will be made available to prior students who retake the class after two years
3. Pre-course webinar with Application Assistance:
- $75 per student
4. Trainer Coaching:
- $100: one hour of email/telephone
- $220: three hours of email/telephone
- $250: five hours of email/telephone
- $125: one hour of in-person coaching
- $300: three hours of in-person coaching
- $500: five hours of in-person coaching
Who should take this course
- Professionals from any industry who wish to obtain the PMP® or CAPM® certification.
- Professionals who wish to advance their knowledge of Project Management as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
Upon course completion, students will be able to:
Articulate the requirements for the PMP® and/or CAPM® credential and the application process in sufficient detail to successfully complete the application process
Define key project management terms and concepts in sufficient detail to align with the PMBOK®
Identify and define the five Project Management Process Groups in sufficient detail to align with the PMBOK®
Identify and define the ten Project Management Knowledge Areas, and the processes related to each one, with their related inputs, tools & techniques, and outputs in sufficient detail to align with the PMBOK®
Articulate the Professional and Social Responsibilities of being a Project Management Professional® in sufficient detail to align with the PMI® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
Articulate keys to answering PMI’s® questions, tricks for exam-taking, and ways to effectively study to achieve success on the selected exam
Apply their project management knowledge to situational questions to select the appropriate answer to achieve success on the selected exam
Identify areas of project management knowledge weakness to allow for additional focused study
By the end of class:
- Articulate the requirements for the PMP® and/or CAPM® credential
- Successfully complete the credential application process
- Articulate the definition of key project management terms and concepts
- Articulate the Professional and Social Responsibilities that a Project Management Professional® must abide by
- Successfully build out the ‘rainbow chart’
- Achieve at least a 50% on end of knowledge area question reviews
- Achieve at least a 50% on the practice exam on the last day of class