This course teaches Solution Architects how to translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions. Lessons include design considerations related to logging, cost analysis, authentication and authorization, governance, security, storage, high availability, and migration. This role requires decisions in multiple areas that affect an overall design solution. This course is for IT professionals with expertise in designing and implementing solutions running on Microsoft Azure. They should have broad knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance. Participants should have expert-level skills in Azure administration and have experience with Azure development processes and DevOps processes.
- Learn about the appropriate compute technologies, including virtual machines, App Services, Service Fabric, Azure Functions, Windows Virtual Desktop, and containers;
- Learn about solutions for network addressing and name resolution, network provisioning, and network security;
- Learn about recommend a solution for migrating applications and VMs and a solution for migration of databases;
- Learn how to provide Identities to services and understand the hierarchy of Management Groups and Subscriptions;
- Learn to apply an Azure Policy, Identify non-compliant resources, and manage tag governance with Azure Policy;
- Recommend the appropriate data store and recommend Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instance Service tiers;
- Recommend a design a strategy for using tiered storage and manage tiered Storage using Azure tools;
- Learn about data flows using Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics architecture;
- Learn about Azure Monitor, Azure Application Insights, and Azure Sentinel. You will be able to monitor Azure Resources with Azure Monitor and collect and analyze resource Logs for Azure using Azure tools;
- Learn about solutions for site recovery capacity and site failover and failback;
- Learn about solutions for application and workload redundancy, including compute, database, and storage;
- Learn how to optimize costs from recommendations, breakdown costs by Azure Service, and download and review usage details;
- Learn about solution for deployment of applications including ARM templates, Logic Apps, or Azure Functions; and
- Learn about solution for deployment of applications including ARM templates, Logic Apps, or Azure Functions.