Java is a general purpose programming language that is concurrent, class based, object oriented, and specifically designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible. Being that Java is an underlying technology and required by many applications and websites, you will find it in places like business applications, data centers, game consoles, utilities, desktop computers, laptops, smart phones and more.
This online training course will cover various levels of Java Programming including beginner, intermediate and advanced. It covers a complete introduction to object oriented programming as well as many other core Java features. This course is just as helpful for a beginner as it is for systems engineers, web application developers, mobile app developers, software engineers and any other potential student with a technical background.
Module 1: Foundations (Beginner)
- History of Computer Programming
- Categories of Programming Languages
- Condensed history of Java
- Software Lifecycle
Module 2: Terms and Tools (Beginner)
- Programming General Terms
- Java Program Flow
- Downloading and Installing Java
- Text Editors and Integrated Development Environments
- Installing Eclipse
Module 3: Identifiers, Variables, and Data Types (Beginner)
- Understanding Identifiers
- Unicode and Java Syntax
- Variables, Constants, and Literals
- Primitive Data Types
- Escape Characters
- Type Conversions and Type Casting
- Java Reserved Words
Module 4: Object-Orientated Programming (Intermediate)
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Java’s Structure and OOP
Module 5: Predefined Classes (Intermediate)
- Strings Class
- Date Class
- Simple Date Format Class
- Scanner Class
- Decimal Format Class
- JFrame Class
- Container Class
Module 6: Methods Part 1 (Intermediate)
- Components of Methods
- Naming Methods
- Implementation Method Hiding
- Method Variables and Literals
- Invoking a Method
Module 7: Methods Part 2 (Advanced)
- Methods and Multiple Arguments
- Parameters and Arguments
- Method Scope
- Method Composition and Overloading
Module 8: Constructors (Advanced)
- Creating Objects
- Overloading Constructors
- Default Constructors
Module 9: Arrays and Exceptions (Advanced)
- Array Structures
- Constants and Arrays
- Navigating Arrays
- Exceptions and the Try Catch Block
Your Price: $795.00
Day & Time
Materials supplied by The Solarity Group.
Who should take this course
This course is intended for individuals who are Java programmers and have worked with databases and with object-oriented programming techniques, who are now ready to create more complex and advanced programs using Java SE 7.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create and manage custom classes.
- Control program flow by writing code to respond to specific criteria.
- Implement object-oriented programming techniques to create reusable and reliable programs.
- Work with Java utility class libraries.
- Use the capabilities of the Java I/O package to read and write data to external files or media.
- Use collection APIs in Java to manage data.
- Use generics to enforce compile-time type checking.
- Use multi-threaded programs to help handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Manage Java applications for memory efficiency and create distributable versions of a Java application.