This course introduces the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver on business expectations as well as an engaging, case study‐based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice. This course positions participants to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate level training courses. Participants will learn the best practices for service strategy, service design, service transition, service operations, and continual service improvement. This course combines short lectures, hands-on group exercises, and test taking tips to prepare participants to understand and apply ITIL principles, and to pass the (optional) ITIL Foundation certification examination.
- Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management;
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization;
- Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Life Cycle;
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Life Cycle;
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Life Cycle;
- Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Life Cycle and how they map to other components;
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Life Cycle; and
- Prepare to take the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management Exam.