This course introduces the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver on business expectations. As well as an engaging, case‐study‐based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice, this course also positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate level training courses.
The ITIL best practice is composed of five core disciplines:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operations
- Continual Service Improvement
This course combines short lectures, practical group exercises, quizzes, a sample exam, and test taking tips to prepare the student to understand and apply ITIL principles, and to pass the (optional) ITIL Foundation certification examination.
PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Your Price: $2195
Day & Time
A background or familiarity with IT services is recommended.
Course materials supplied by The Solarity Group.
Who should take this course
IT Management, IT Support Staff, IT Consultants, Business Managers, Business Process Owners, IT Developers, Service Providers, System Administrators
- After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization
- Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Life Cycle
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Life Cycle
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Life Cycle
- Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Life Cycle and how they map to other components
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Life Cycle
- Prepare to take the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management exam