This two-day course provides a realistic and interactive overview of what business analysis is and what a business analyst does within the framework of defining systems solutions and interactions with a project manager and project team. Students will be provided a solid understanding of the fundamental building blocks of business analysis and an introduction to best practices that can be used across all industries. Participants learn from experienced business analysts the concepts, terms, tools, and techniques needed to help any organization analyze its goals and strategic directives to produce quality solutions that fulfill business needs. Additionally, we focus on how the business analyst can effectively collaborate with a project team to achieve results. During the class, we utilize real-life experiences of our trainers as case-studies along with “hands-on” exercises to reinforce learning.
This course serves as the foundation on which all other business analysis skills development builds and it can be customized based on client needs.
Your Price: $1,195.00
Day & Time
All student materials are created and provided by The Solarity Group.
Who should take this course
Beginning business analysts, project coordinators, “accidental” project managers, and other team members who need to understand basic business analysis terminology, processes, and techniques.
Experienced business analysts who need to refresh their skills.
Anyone who would like to advance toward a certification in business analysis
Anyone who needs to perform business analysis in their current job or would like to investigate a career as a business analyst.
- Utilize common business analysis vocabulary and processes
- Apply basic business analysis principles within your work environment
- Describe the importance and value of business analysis to successful projects and strategic initiatives completion.
- Select the appropriate business analysis tools and techniques to assist with product or solution development
- Apply “hands-on” application of business analysis using basic tools, templates, and techniques
- Articulate the relationship between business analysis, project management and organizational change management
Module 1: Introduction & Business Analysis Framework
Module 2: Needs Assessment
Module 3: Planning
Module 4: Elicitation
Module 5: Analysis
Module 6: Traceability & Monitoring
Module 7: Solution Evaluation
Module 8: Bringing it All Together