In this course, participants learn how to plan for, implement, and manage the ongoing operations of an IBM i. Emphasis is on security, system availability, backup and recovery, system software management, and problem determination. Also, participants get an introduction to the architecture and terminology of the IBM i.
- Describe and implement the components of IBM i security, such as user profile, group profile, authorization list, adopted authority, and object/resource security;
- Develop a security plan for your IBM i;
- Describe the options to implement security auditing;
- Develop a plan to audit security on your IBM i;
- Describe the IBM i availability products and features and choose the option(s) that best fit your company requirements;
- Describe how to backup and recover user, IBM, and full system data on the IBM i;
- Develop a backup and recovery plan for your IBM i; and
- Describe the system diagnostics and problem determination procedures available on the IBM i.