The technical support professional is a role that individuals assume when they assist with providing support services. This certification verifies that a person in this role understands the skills to serve as an escalation point for providing level 2 or level 3 support. They may work directly with customers or with other departments to resolve issues related to the organization’s products and/or the IT infrastructure that enables the business. For all members of the support chain, this certification ensures professionals are equipped to provide superior technical support. This course focuses on customer service and service management best practices, emphasizing responsive incident escalation, the importance of metrics measurement, knowledge management, problem management, improving teamwork, and stress management.
- Customer service best practices;
- Communications skills;
- Service management best practices and terms;
- Importance of being responsive to incident escalation and the need to log information properly;
- Purpose and value of quality assurance monitoring;
- Metrics used to monitor performance of the team, the individual, and how success is determined;
- Knowledge management best practices;
- How to improve problem solving and problem management; and
- How to improve teamwork and relationships.