This certification verifies the support center manager possesses the knowledge of best and common practices necessary to successfully manage the operational and tactical components of a support organization while strategically aligning with the needs of the business. Support center managers are responsible for executing the operational and tactical plans of the support organization while satisfying customer and business needs. This course explores how the support center’s strategy drives everything the support center does: service delivery, infrastructure implementation, operational processes, workforce management, and support center marketing. Designed for both new and experienced support center managers, this course helps support center managers satisfy operational demands and build a support center that aligns with the organization, adds value to the business, and delivers on its commitments.
- Characteristics of an effective support center manager;
- How to create service level agreements, operational level agreements, and standard operating procedures in support of a service catalog;
- The steps involved in performing a cost-benefit analysis and calculating total cost of ownership and return on investment;
- The relationships between IT service management processes;
- The difference between and the importance of strategic, tactical, and operational planning;
- Benefits and challenges of self-service technologies;
- Processes for building and managing effective security policies;
- Staffing models;
- The value of outsourcing;
- Tactics for screening, hiring, training, and managing high-performance teams; and
- The metrics and key performance indicators essential to performance reporting.