This certification verifies the support center director possesses the knowledge of service management best and common practices necessary to strategically align their department with organizational goals, gain senior management support for service improvements, and promote the support center value. Gaining the support of senior management and effectively communicating the pivotal role of the support center are crucial to any support operation’s success. For these reasons, support center directors must serve as support leaders and strategically align the support center with the organization. This course focuses on the development and execution of strategic plans that will take the organization to the next level. Participants discover how to realize greater return on investment, develop and maintain formal procedures for increased productivity and consistency, and manage customer perceptions.
- Assessment strategies for the support center;
- How to quantify your support center’s value and maximize return on investment;
- Twelve step process and decision matrix for selecting technologies and vendors;
- The requirements of an effective service catalog;
- How to align support strategies with business goals and objectives;
- Knowledge management processes that can save you time and money;
- Strategies for workforce management, coaching, team building, and succession planning;
- How to justify a service improvement project with a business case;
- Valuable reporting tools: balanced scorecard, morning report, and executive brief; and
- Selecting the right leading and lagging indicators.