This certification verifies that front-line technical support professionals possess the knowledge and skills required to provide quality service and support. It ensures participants understand service management processes and best practices, while providing a competitive edge for career advancement. Help desk professionals and support center analysts provide frontline support and act as the primary contact for customers. It is important these service desk professionals provide the highest quality customer care with every interaction. This course focuses on support center strategies for effective customer service, emphasizing problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, contact handling procedures, incident management, communication skills, and an introduction to ITIL® processes. Using real world scenarios, role playing exercises, and significant group interaction, this course will develop analysts’ skills to manage the relationships between customers and their support team.
- The process of incident management, from detection and recording to closure;
- Critical thinking skills to resolve incidents quickly and consistently;
- The importance of total contact ownership;
- An awareness of the core help desk processes and best practices used in service and support centers;
- Valuable active listening skills and effective communication strategies;
- Proven techniques for improving customer interactions; and
- Effective support center strategies for managing difficult customers.