Desktop Support Technicians are trusted support advisors and advocates that focus on providing efficient and effective resolutions to customers as it relates to service requests, incidents, and problems escalated by the service desk and the business. This course focuses on enhancing the image of the support organization by providing excellent customer service as well as increasing the productivity and capabilities of users, customers, and the business. The certification validates that desktop and advanced technicians possess the required best practice knowledge and skills to provide quality technical support and guidance to stakeholders.
- The Integral role and value of a desktop advanced support technician throughout all areas of the support organization;
- The Importance of understanding the business supported and how to partner with stakeholders across the organization to drive performance and efficiencies;
- The art of advocacy and how to use effective business relationship management skills to communicate effectively and enhance the customer experience;
- Understand the differences between trouble-shooting and problem solving and acquire tried and true approaches for resolving root problems; and
- Valuable active listening skills and effective communication strategies, along with effective strategies for managing challenging behaviors and situations.