This certification verifies the desktop support manager possesses the knowledge of best and common practices necessary to successfully manage the operational and tactical components of a support organization while strategically aligning with the needs of the business. Desktop support involves more than just supporting desktops. It includes support for laptops, notebooks, printers, and just about anything for which the company plans to provide face-to-face desktop support. The desktop support manager is responsible for executing the operational and tactical plans of desktop support, while satisfying customer and business needs. Designed for both new and experienced desktop support managers, this course helps desktop support managers satisfy operational demands and build a support function that aligns with the organization, adds value to the business, and delivers on its commitments.
- Characteristics of an effective desktop support manager;
- How to create and deliver on service level agreements and operating level agreements;
- How to align desktop support services with business strategy, objectives, and processes;
- The importance of the relationships among IT service management processes;
- Tactics for screening, hiring, training, and leading high-performance teams;
- How to create an internal marketing culture to promote your desktop support services; and
- The metrics and key performance indicators essential to desktop support performance reporting.