This course provides participants with the knowledge and basic skills necessary to install, configure, administer, monitor, and troubleshoot an EMC Avamar backup environment. Hands-on labs give participants the opportunity to install single node and multi-node Avamar servers, configure and perform backups and restores, and perform node addition and node replacement tasks. Recommended Avamar best practices are presented throughout the course.
- Describe EMC Avamar functionality;
- Describe the Avamar de-duplication process;
- Install and configure Avamar Server software (single and multi-node configurations);
- Perform node replacement and node addition;
- Install Avamar Administrator and Client software;
- Configure and run scheduled and on-demand backups;
- Restore files using various Avamar interfaces;
- Configure and run Avamar standard replication;
- Describe Avamar server daily maintenance activities: checkpoints, HFS checks, garbage collection; and
- Use Avamar tools to perform system monitoring, maintenance, capacity management, and basic troubleshooting tasks.