This class focuses on two of the most problematic areas most organizations face: Communications and Meetings. Communicating with team members and groups has become more important as organizations have relied on collaborative work to advance their goals. Ensuring those communications are actually effective at delivering the planned message cannot be taken for granted. Meetings tend to take up more and more of the workday but provide less and less value when not properly considered and managed; before, during and after the actual meeting. This course will help improve communications and meetings management skills by providing best practices, effective tips and techniques, and interactive activities and discussions to reinforce learning.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the factors in interpersonal communication
- Modify communication strategies to be successful in small and large groups
- Understand techniques to improve phone and email communications
- Devise a strategy for working effectively in remote settings, including in telework settings
- Explain the purpose of various types of meetings and explain the outcomes expected
- Attend a meeting and perform the role of an effective communicator in the meeting
- Prepare for, facilitate, and follow up after a meeting to ensure effective use of organizational resources
- Document a meeting and distribute minutes or a meeting summary, as appropriate
PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Building Block for
PMI-PBA, PMI-PMP, CBAP
Who should take this course
This course is intended for adults seeking to improve their skills in communicating in a group or team setting.