This course focuses on two of the most problematic areas most organizations face: communications and meetings. Communication is extremely important in every organization. Ensuring those communications are effective at delivering the planned message cannot be taken for granted. As part of communications, meetings tend to take up more and more of the workday but provide less and less value when not properly considered and managed before, during, and after the actual meeting. This course will help participants improve communication and meeting management skills by providing best practices, effective tips and techniques, and interactive activities and discussions to reinforce learning. This course can be configured to meet client needs.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Building Block for
Project management courses; Ongoing education; Leadership skills
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Variety of templates and tools
- “4 Essential Keys to Effective Communication” by Bento C. Leal III
Who should take this course
- Anyone wishing to improve their communication and meeting management skills.
- Project managers wanting to refresh or enhance their skills.
- Learn how to identify the factors in interpersonal communications and modify communication strategies to be successful in small and large groups;
- Understand techniques to improve phone and email communications;
- Devise a strategy for working effectively in remote settings;
- Explain the purpose of various types of meetings and explain the outcomes expected; and
- Know how to facilitate, prepare, and follow up on meetings.