Business process analysis is a fundamental activity supporting critical change efforts, whether you are defining changes to existing business systems, improving your business processes, or acquiring, merging, or splitting business units. Every business is searching for better ways of getting work done. Improving efficiency, decreasing costs, increasing productivity and customer service are universal goals. Innovation and faster time to market is critical in today’s environment. Doing things the way they’ve always been done is comfortable, but may hamper operational agility in the future.
Your Price: $2195
Day & Time
We recommend students first attend our Essential Skills for Business Analysis class or have experience in project scope definition, eliciting requirements from subject matter experts, and understanding how business requirements fit into the entire systems development effort.
Materials provided by The Solarity Group.
Who should take this course
This course will be beneficial to any person, in any size organization, hoping to improve their business processes. The techniques presented can be used without any sophisticated software to quickly identify areas for improvement and fix broken processes.
- Practice a Framework for Process Improvement
- Initiate a process analysis effort with clear objectives and an agreed-upon goal
- Identify and define complex business process steps using various modeling techniques such as ANSI, Swim Lane, Business Process Diagrams, UML, SIPOC, and Value Stream Maps
- Evaluate and prioritize potential improvements
- Identify the most important business component: Essential Processes
- Decompose complex processes into lower level tasks and sub-processes using a decomposition diagram
- Identify changes, detail the impacts of each change, and develop a transition plan and backlog
- Evaluate solution effectiveness