This course includes lecture, coding demonstrations, and hands-on programming activities to prepare participants to automate storage administration of a NetApp® ONTAP® system by using modern REST APIs and Ansible. Participants learn about the structure of an ONTAP REST API and write Python programs that use the Python client library to create an aggregate, a storage virtual machine (SVM), a volume, a qtree, a snapshot, and so on. Participants learn how to use NetApp PowerShell Toolkit scripts that invoke REST API methods to demonstrate popular use case scenarios. Participants use the modern Ansible framework to automate and deploy storage administration tasks through ONTAP modules and use Python programs and Ansible to configure their system for CIFS, NFS, and SAN protocols.
- Access to the Solarity LMS including the recording for the training
- Course materials and other resources as provided by the trainer
- Course files and lab exercises
- Describe the ONTAP REST APIs and the Ansible framework;
- Write Python programs to create, access, update, and delete ONTAP resources such as aggregates, SVMs, volumes, and so on;
- Learn to use NetApp PowerShell Toolkit scripts to automate administration of the ONTAP system;
- Learn to use the Ansible framework to call ONTAP modules from within a playbook for automation of storage administration;
- Programmatically configure CIFS, NFS, and SAN protocols; and
- Learn about performance monitoring of an ONTAP system.