You’re a qualified security professional and know your industry inside out but now you’ve also been tasked with implementing a new security initiative and your project management skills are lacking… or non-existent … and this initiative is on a tight timeline and budget and simply cannot fail!
This session provides a high-level understanding of project management fundamentals. Attendees learn from experienced project managers a limited scope of right-sized project management to lead and/or help organize small projects. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own project ideas to contemplate and discuss during the session providing for learning in an educational, yet safe, environment that promotes understanding and confidence. Attendees leave with a basic understanding of what project management is, why it is important, how to manage small projects and some basic templates to utilize afterwards.
This session serves as a foundation on which other project management skills development courses build and it can be configured based on client needs.
THIS SESSION WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FIRST 25 PARTICIPANTS TO REGISTER.
Building Block for
Best Practices in Project Management, Introduction to Agile Project Management, Managing Organizational Change & Transition, Business Analysis Overview
All materials are provided by The Solarity Group
Who should take this course
Security professionals, “accidental” project managers and other team members who need to understand basic project management terminology and processes
- Understand basic project management vocabulary
- Describe the importance and value of project management for project success
- Understand the various Project Life Cycles and how to choose the best one for your project(s)
- Obtain hands-on application of basic project management skills using basic tools, templates, and techniques
- Understand the relationship between project management and organizational change management